To see how to run the full server side trace and view the output, please see this article.
http://biztalk-training.com/readarticle.php?article_id=20

In my specific case, I was calling a WCF service that used LINQ to retrieve data from a database and return as a LIST of LINQ objects. When I ran 85 records, it would run, but when I ran 90 it would not, so I knew the issue was size related.

it turns out that the server side trace gave me the more specific error:
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Maximum number of items that can be serialized or deserialized in an object graph is ‘65536’.

Note: this is after I already bumped up all the timeouts and the maxBufferPoolSize and the maxReceivedMessage size.

<behaviors>
<endpointBehaviors>
<behavior name=”NewBehavior”>
<dataContractSerializer maxItemsInObjectGraph=”500000″ />
</behavior>
</endpointBehaviors>
</behaviors>
<client>
<endpoint address=”http://my.address.com/Service” behaviorConfiguration=”NewBehavior”
binding=”basicHttpBinding” contract=”ITest” name=”foo” />
</client>

Tagged with:

Filed under: Errors/Exceptions