Error: No snaps-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell
You run the following:
cls Add-PSSnapIn -Name BiztalkFactory.PowerShell.Extensions #NOTE: Must be in 32-bit version of Powershellto use this SnapIn
And you get this error:
Add-PSSnapIn : No snap-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell version 3.
Solution:Go the SDK/Utilities/Powershell and install them
Basically follow the steps laid out by here MSDN BizTalk Forum, except you don’t need to download from CodePlex, you can use the one in the install.
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\SDK\Utilities\PowerShell
- Optionally open and follow the readme.txt
- Open a command prompt as an administrator
- Change directory to the folder containing the binaries – \SDK\Utilities\PowerShell under the base install location
- Run the following command to install/register the dlls
I needed this today to run a powershell to create biztalk hosts.
Part 2 – This happened again on a machine where I already had it working. I upgrade to Powershell 5, and apparently it loses these settings and you have to run the “installUtil.exe” again.
Also note if you are on an environment where SQL server is not on the same machine as BizTalk, you have to do this:
New-PSDrive -Name BizTalk -Root BizTalk:\ -PsProvider BizTalk -Instance "Machine\Instance" -Database BizTalkMgmtDb
Filed under: BizTalk Admin